Will these Terms ever change?
We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time, but if we make any material changes, we will bring it to your attention by placing a notice on the Services, by sending you an email, and/or by some other means. If you don’t agree with the new Terms, you are free to reject them, but you may no longer be able to use some or all of the Services. If you use the Services in any way after a change to the Terms is effective, that means you agree to all of the changes. Except for changes by us as described here, no other amendment or modification of these Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by both you and us.
What are the basics of using the Services?
You may be required to sign up for an account and login using a username and password (“Company User ID”). You promise to provide us with accurate, complete, and updated registration information about yourself. You represent that you have properly identified yourself by entering your own name and personal identifiers when registering for the Services and not those of any other person. You may not transfer your account to anyone else without our prior written permission. You’re responsible for any activity associated with your account, and for keeping your account password secure. You represent and warrant that you are an individual of legal age to form a binding contract. You will only use the Services for your own internal, personal, non-commercial use, and the personal, non-commercial use of your family members or dependents to which HistoryLive.info may provide insurance coverage under your policy, and only in a manner that complies with all laws that apply to you. If your use of the Services is prohibited by applicable laws, then you aren’t authorized to use the Services. We can’t and won’t be responsible for your using the Services in a way that breaks the law.
Your use of the Services is subject to the following additional restrictions:
You represent, warrant, and agree that you will not contribute any Content or User Submission (each of those terms is defined below) or otherwise use the Services or interact with the Services in a manner that:
- Infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else (including HistoryLive.info);
- Violates any law or regulation, including any applicable export control laws;
- Is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
- Jeopardizes the security of your HistoryLive.info account or anyone else’s (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Services as you);
- Attempts, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user;
- Violates the security of any computer network, or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes;
- Runs Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged into the Services, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Services (including by placing an unreasonable load on the Services’ infrastructure);
- “Crawls,” “scrapes,” or “spiders” any page, data, or portion of or relating to the Services or Content (through use of manual or automated means);
- Copies or stores any significant portion of the Content;
- Decompiles, reverse engineers, or otherwise attempts to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services.
A violation of any of the foregoing is grounds for termination of your right to use or access the Services.
What are my rights in the Services?
The materials displayed or performed or available on or through the Services, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, data, articles, photos, images, illustrations, User Submissions, and so forth (all of the foregoing, the “Content”) are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws. You promise to abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content you access through the Services, and you won’t use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purpose any Content not owned by you, (i) without the prior consent of the owner of that Content or (ii) in a way that violates someone else’s (including HistoryLive.info’s) rights. Legal notices including, but not limited to, your contract/certificate of coverage, schedule of benefits and any HIPAA notices may be downloaded from the Services, but they may not be changed or deleted as such would constitute fraud.
You understand that HistoryLive.info owns the Services. You won’t modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as expressly provided in this Section), create derivative works based on, or otherwise exploit any of the Services.
We’re always trying to improve the Services, so they may change over time. We may suspend or discontinue any part of the Services, or we may introduce new features or impose limits on certain features or restrict access to parts or all of the Services. We’ll try to give you notice when we make a material change to the Services that would adversely affect you, but this isn’t always practical. Similarly, we reserve the right to remove any Content from the Services at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, if someone alleges you contributed that Content in violation of these Terms), in our sole discretion, and without notice.
What about medical information made available on the Services?
You understand and agree that the health information and other content appearing on the Services or developed with your input or the input of our Business Associates (defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as a person or entity that performs certain functions or activities that involve the use or disclosure of protected health information on behalf of, or provides services to, HistoryLive.info) is for informational purposes only.
YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. The information provided is not a substitute for professional health care and is not meant to replace the advice of a health care professional. It is not intended to advocate the use of one treatment or drug over another – only your medical professional can determine the right course of treatment for you and determine what is safe, appropriate and effective based on your needs. You should see your healthcare provider for any medical condition. The Services are not meant to diagnose or treat. Consult your physician before taking any drug, changing your diet, starting or stopping any course of treatment or starting a new fitness regimen. DO NOT USE THE SERVICES FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, IMMEDIATELY CALL 911. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE, DENTISTRY, NURSING, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE ADVICE, OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE.
Do I have to grant any licenses to HistoryLive.info or to other users?
Who is responsible for what I see and do on the Site?
You are responsible for all Content you contribute, in any manner, to the Services, and you represent and warrant you have all rights necessary to do so, in the manner in which you contribute it. You will keep all your registration information accurate and current. We cannot control and have no duty to take any action regarding how you may interpret and use the Content or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content, and you hereby release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. You are responsible for all your activity in connection with the Services.
If you are a California resident, you shall and hereby do waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims when the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
What if I want to stop using the Services?
I use the HistoryLive.info App available via the Apple App Store – should I know anything about that?
These Terms apply to your use of all the Services, including the applications available via the Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) App Store (the “Application”), but the following additional terms also apply to the Application:
- Both you and HistoryLive.info acknowledge that the Terms are concluded between you and HistoryLive.info only, and not with Apple, and that Apple is not responsible for the Application or the Content;
- The Application is licensed to you on a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable basis, solely to be used in connection with the Services for your private, personal, non-commercial use, subject to all the terms and conditions of these Terms as they are applicable to the Services;
- You will only use the Application in connection with an Apple device that you own or control;
- You acknowledge and agree that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application;
- In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, including those implied by law, you may notify Apple of such failure; upon notification, Apple’s sole warranty obligation to you will be to refund to you the purchase price, if any, of the Application;
- You acknowledge and agree that HistoryLive.info, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have in relation to the Application;
- You acknowledge and agree that, in the event of any third party claim that the Application or your possession and use of the Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, HistoryLive.info, and not Apple, will be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such infringement claim;
- You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and that you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
- Both you and HistoryLive.info acknowledge and agree that, in your use of the Application, you will comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement which may affect or be affected by such use; and
- Both you and HistoryLive.info acknowledge and agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as the third party beneficiary hereof.
What is our mobile text message policy?
What else do I need to know?
Certain of our Services may be subject to payments now or in the future (the “Paid Services”). Please see our Site for a description of the current Paid Services. Please note that any payment terms presented to you in the process of using or signing up for a Paid Service are deemed part of this Agreement.
We use a third-party payment processor (the “Payment Processor”) to bill you through a payment account linked to your Account on the Services (your “Billing Account”) for use of the Paid Services. The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Processor in addition to this Agreement. We are not responsible for errors by the Payment Processor. By choosing to use Paid Services, you agree to pay us, through the Payment Processor, all charges at the prices then in effect for any use of such Paid Services in accordance with the applicable payment terms and you authorize us, through the Payment Processor, to charge your chosen payment provider or debit account (your “Payment Method”). You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, debit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. If we, through the Payment Processor, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand.
YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT. YOU MUST PROMPTLY UPDATE ALL INFORMATION TO KEEP YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE (SUCH AS A CHANGE IN BILLING ADDRESS, DEBIT CARD NUMBER, OR DEBIT CARD EXPIRATION DATE), AND YOU MUST PROMPTLY NOTIFY US OR OUR PAYMENT PROCESSOR IF YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS CANCELED (E.G., FOR LOSS OR THEFT) OR IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF A POTENTIAL BREACH OF SECURITY, SUCH AS THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD. CHANGES TO SUCH INFORMATION CAN BE MADE AT YOUR ACCOUNT. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE ANY OF THE FOREGOING INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY CONTINUE CHARGING YOU FOR ANY USE OF PAID SERVICES UNDER YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE TERMINATED YOUR PAID SERVICES.
Neither HistoryLive.info nor its licensors or suppliers make any representations or warranties concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Services, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Services. We (and our licensors and suppliers) make no representations or warranties regarding suggestions or recommendations of services or products offered or purchased through the Services.
THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED BY HistoryLive.info (AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS) ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, NOR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), (III) FOR ANY MATTER BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL OR (IV) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) OF THE GREATER OF (A) FEES PAID TO US FOR THE PARTICULAR SERVICES DURING THE IMMEDIATELY PREVIOUS THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD OR (B) $100.00. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, you shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless HistoryLive.info, our affiliates and each of our and their respective employees, contractors, directors, suppliers, partners and representatives from all liabilities, claims, damages, losses and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of, or access to, the services and content we offer, violation of these Terms, or infringement by you, or any third party using your identity in the services, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses. In the event of such a claim, suit, or action (“Claim”), we will attempt to provide notice of the Claim to the contact information we have on file (provided that failure to deliver such notice shall not eliminate or reduce your indemnification obligations hereunder).
Choice of Law; Arbitration
These Terms are governed by and will be construed under the laws of the State of New York, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of these Terms shall be finally settled in New York, New York, in English, in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes, who shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with such Rules. Judgment upon the award rendered by such arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the foregoing obligation to arbitrate disputes, each party shall have the right to pursue injunctive or other equitable relief at any time, from any court of competent jurisdiction. For all purposes of these Terms, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state or federal courts located in New York, New York. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis: class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND HistoryLive.info ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
You will be responsible for paying, withholding, filing, and reporting all taxes, duties, and other governmental assessments associated with your activity in connection with the Services, provided that HistoryLive.info may, in its sole discretion, do any of the foregoing on your behalf or for itself as it sees fit. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated, to the minimum extent necessary, so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. You and HistoryLive.info agree that these Terms are the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding between you and HistoryLive.info with respect to the Services, and that it supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of these Terms. HistoryLive.info’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. The course of conduct between you and HistoryLive.info shall not act to modify any provision of these Terms. You may not assign, delegate or transfer these Terms or your rights or obligations hereunder, or your Services account, in any way (by operation of law or otherwise) without HistoryLive.info’s prior written consent. HistoryLive.info may assign its rights and duties hereunder to any third party at any time without notice to you. We may deliver notice to you concerning these Terms by means of electronic mail, by a general notice posted on the website, or by written communication delivered by first-class U.S. mail to your address on record in our files.
Additional Information Related to Prescription Drug Information provided by Yoogrow LLC
The information below applies to drug information provided by Yoogrow LLC and presented on HistoryLive.info’s Site; this includes, but is not limited to, certain information provided about drug overviews, interactions, doses, warnings and prices which has specifically been licensed from Yoogrow LLC and for which HistoryLive.info’s only source for this information is Yoogrow LLC This drug information:
- is intended and presented only for general, non-comprehensive, informational purposes to provide limited support to the verbal information transfer by healthcare professionals and is specifically not intended for clinical or health care decision making;
- is not intended as, and cannot not be used as, a substitute for the diagnosis, expertise, treatment, advice, interaction with, and judgment of a physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional;
- is subject to change without notice;
- is not comprehensive and does not cover all uses, drug combinations, doses, precautions, side effects, warnings, and interactions related to pharmaceuticals or treatments;
- may not apply to any specific medical condition;
- does not take into account personal circumstances and should not be relied upon or construed to indicate that a use of a drug or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for a given individual and a health care professional should be consulted before taking or discontinuing a drug mentioned in the information presented or before relying on the information;
- is only applicable to use in the United States and its territories and to pharmaceuticals available in the United States and its territories; does not constitute medical advice;
- is not intended to be used by a patient or caregiver for informed consent purposes (i.e. deciding whether or not to take a particular drug or drugs);
- is offered AS IS with no warranty or guarantee of accuracy, completeness, or suitability of use by any individual;
- has not been reviewed for compliance with federal or state pharmaceutical marketing and advertising statutes or regulations;
- and is the intellectual property of Yoogrow LLC, protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws, and is provided to HistoryLive.info under license from Yoogrow LLC
Pass-Through Terms of Service